Top 10 Schools in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is a city which falls under Union Government and is the capital of Punjab and Hariyana. In terms of education, there exists a plethora of educational institutes in Chandigarh and is a home to several well known colleges as well. As per the latest data, there exists almost 115 government schools in the city of Chandigarh. Here, we will be discussing the top 10 schools in Chandigarh.
This is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh of English medium having co educational system. Being one of the top 10 schools of Chandigarh, it has its subsidiaries in Chandigarh, Patiala, and Nawanshahr. This institution was established in 1970 and is affiliated to CBSE.
● This school ranked 10th in terms of infrastructure in the national level and 6th position in extra curricular activities.
● The school holds classes from K-12 with English as the medium of instruction.
● It emphasizes on GK and moral education which forms an important aspect of the course curriculum.
● The academic year commences from April comprising two terms.
Address- Buterla Village Rd, Buterla, Sector 41B, Sector 41, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Chandigarh 160041
This is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh with classes from Pre-nursery to Class XII that fulfils a long-felt need for good educational facilities in the city. AKSIPS-41 is affiliated to CBSE and comes under the union territory of Chandigarh. Teaching quality is at par with the best schools of the country which is clearly evident the rise of the intake every year.
● The building is spacious with top class infrastructure.
● School campus is induced with smart classrooms, Math and Science Labs., Geography Lab, Library, Computer Lab.
● Providing knowledge and maintaining healthy competitive environment for the student welfare is what the authority mainly emphasizes.
Address-Motor Market Rd, 45A, Sector-45A, Chandigarh, 160047
One of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh- it comes with a boarding facility spread on a large area of 14.5 acres. This is one of the top schools in Chandigarh that provides an exclusive international course structure.
● Kimberley follows a strict philosophy of imparting high quality, challenging, international education.
● Easy-to-use library, encyclopedias, built over the years, maps, stock resources, and other items for students.
● The school has high roofing labs, which makes learning enjoyable and fun.
Address- NH 73, near Swami Devi Dyal College, PO Hangola, Panchkula, India 134204
This is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh founded by Harold Anthony Patrick Carver in the year 1982. It is affiliated to ICSE board. Scope of extracurricular activities like sports, drama, music, debate, etc are there.
● The campus is well equipped with modern amenities.
● Safety is maintained in the hostels by Wardens.
● There is a cricket academy where the team compete in both national as well as State level.
Address- St. Stephen’s School, Sector 45-B,
Chandigarh India – 160047
This is a distinguished educational institutes of Punjab and comes under the top 10 schools in Chandigarh. It incorporates innovative techniques of learning much beyond the mainstream classroom coaching.
The school provides multiple learning opportunities for overall development of the children.
● It comes with modern infrastructure with world class WiFi facility.
● The campus is well equipped with Smart Boards, e-Beams, smart classes, theatre, library, dance Studio, Music Factory, and an infirmary.
● Junior division of the school provides vibrant and colorful knowledgeable sessions for children to kickstart their educational journey.
Address- Sector-25 (West), Chandigarh 160014 India
6. Vivek High School, Chandigarh
This is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh that imparts education through holistic learning environment. Students will be exposed to open-mindedness, self-control, social responsibility, a spirit of inquiry along with creative and critical thinking skills. Being one of the best schools in Chandigarh, it focuses on continuous learning through Art, Literature, human relationships and moral values.
● Special care is taken to imbibe discipline among students.
● The entire curriculum of the school reflects its philosophy.
● Scope of co-curricular activities like singing, dancing, music, debate, sports, etc are also available.
Address-Vivek High School, Sector 38-B, Chandigarh-160036. India
This is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh having coeducational facility. It was established in 1974 with the motto of Labor Omnia Vincit. It is affiliated to CBSE board and comes under the guardianship of Kabir Educational Society. They give admission from Nursery to Senior Level.
● The medium of the instruction is English.
● Students assimilate moral and ethical values through the teachings of Prophets, Great Gurus and other Sikh Gurus.
● They develop students so that they can face any sort of challenges of the modern world.
Address- St Kabir Public School, Sector 26, Chandigarh, India
It is one of those schools in Chandigarh that provides a truly enabling environment to contribute to the holistic development of each student. Established in 2003, it comes under the top 10 schools in Chandigarh. It emphasizes on “think local but act global” and comes with almost 3500 students for the past one decade.
● Here, you will take admission in three streams namely Science, Commerce and Humanities.
● The building has sports and spacious classrooms.
● Course curriculum is well structured for the overall development of the student.
Address- Sector 40C, Sector 40-C, Chandigarh, 160036
It is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh and a branch of the Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. The school was established in 1983.The school focuses on the awareness about India’s rich heritage and scriptures.
● It imparts education through a special methodology called as Ascension.
● Perks of being in one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh is that it has student exchange programs and it organizes trips abroad.
● The school holds brand name, and includes various sports activities.
Address- Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh, Sector 27 B, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh – 160019
It is one of the top 10 schools in Chandigarh that provides coeducation. This has CBSE affiliation with special inclination towards Christian community. However, it accepts students from other religion.
● The major focus of the school is to be intellectually alert and open, emotionally well balanced.
● The library is full of all the books needed by students and teachers.
● Laboratories are state-of-the-art, well-lit and have all the equipment students need.
Address- 32C, Sector 32, Chandigarh, 160030
1. How many private schools are there in Chandigarh?
There are ample number of established schools in Chandigarh but the most famous ones are listed below
● St. Stephens School, Chandigarh
● St. Anne’s Convent School, Chandigarh
● Delhi Public School, Chandigarh
● Kimberley – The International School
● Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh
2. How many schools are there in Chandigarh?
There are a total of 114 government schools in Chandigarh (Primary-8, Middle-13, High School-53, Senior Secondary-40).
After conducting a thorough survey of schools with different facilities and qualities, this gives you the list of Top 10 schools in Chandigarh. They are equipped with the right tools to deliver the best education for your child. To get more insights concerning the referenced schools, kindly visit their particular sites.